Ready to become part of the Metzgers team?
Vice President – Operations
Metzgers is a leader in the marketing services industry, providing offset, digital, and wide-format printing, mailing, warehouse fulfillment, promotional products, and design to many of the foremost companies, universities, and non-profits in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. We are in search of a Vice President of Operations to join our Senior Management team and lead our company’s operations. A third-generation family business, Metzgers is looking for a forward-thinking and motivated individual who can help us take the next steps towards growth and improvement and build upon a great history in Toledo. We have a great roster of long-tenured employees who have experienced the growth of the company and are ready to help the new Vice President succeed and foster further operational improvements.
Primary Objective: Accomplishes the strategic objectives of Metzgers by providing the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
Reports to: President
Scheduled Hours: Mon-Fri / 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
FLSA Status: Salary
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide day-to-day leadership to members of the operations team and collaborate with upper management
- enhancing profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations
- developing and directing the management of the company’s operations including the production, warehousing, logistics, fulfillment, and graphic service functions
- Assure operational excellence through improving production techniques, overseeing preventive maintenance, and implementing performance standards and measures
- Ensure customer satisfaction through maintaining a strong customer service function
- Ensure that Metzgers uses and leverages technology effectively to improve operating efficiency and effectively meet customer needs
- Develop and lead the operations team so it is a high performing team that is highly motivated, meets deadlines, is productive and produces a quality product for customers
- Assure compliance with company policies and procedures by complying with and reinforcing and enforcing all company policies and procedures with employees
- Attract and retain the staff needed to effect Metzgers business strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership in managing staff, departments, major projects or initiatives
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- An active commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to look at and evaluate situations from different viewpoints
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred
- Managerial experience – 5 – 10 years in leadership role dealing with middle to top management.
- Breadth of business experience – particularly in operations and/or customer service.
General understanding of I.T. tools and systems that can be brought to bear on business and financial issues; understanding of control issues relating to I.T.